- Pupils have a language for the expression of ideas and feelings – in order to discuss their own work, their peers’ and show an appreciation of the work of artists/ genres /works of art from the past and present.
- Pupils use a wide range of materials and techniques and possible ways of working to produce interesting artwork.
- Pupils have opportunities to choose and to explore, experiment and investigate ways of working.
- Pupils feel confident that art is a special subject that is not right or wrong; the ideas and feelings that a child wants to express is what matters and what will be celebrated.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Voices and Visons Showcase
- Art gallery and trips
- Visits to Kings and RGS
- Show case art events in school.