- Pupils have many opportunities to explore, choose and experiment in art.
- Pupils develop new skills by getting to use a wide range of media and techniques to produce interesting artwork.
- Pupils develop the language and knowledge to show appreciation of the work of artists, genres and works of art from the past and present, as well as their own artwork and that of their peers.
- Pupils feel confident about their artwork; that art is a special subject that is not right or wrong; the ideas and feelings that a child wants to express is what matters.
In addition to curriculum lesson time children will have opportunities to participate in:
- The Voices and Visions Cathedral Exhibition
- Art trips
- Visits to Kings and RGS for art workshops
- Showcase art events in school