- Pupils will gain knowledge and understanding of the interaction of people with their environments through geographical investigations. This will include: – place knowledge, locational knowledge, the study of human and physical geography and development of skills and fieldwork.
- Pupils will study where they live and compare it with the rest of the world.
- Pupils will use appropriate geographical vocabulary
- Pupils will use subject tools including: maps; aerial photos; graphical data; fieldwork skills.
- Pupils will: recognise; identify; describe; observe; reason; explain; reach conclusions. In UKS2 pupils will learn how to: make judgements; evaluate; apply what they have learned to other contexts; hypothesise.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Opportunity to study geography in the field
- Whole school field work experience (place/locational knowledge orienteering day)