- Pupils develop excellent number sense including place value, number bonds and number patterns.
- Pupils are secure and fluent at using formal methods for the four operations and have a quick and accurate recall of multiplication and division facts (up to 12x).
- Pupils will be able to identify, correct and explain common misconceptions.
- Pupils will competently select mathematical skills to solve problems by breaking them down into a series of simpler steps and selecting and applying the methods required.
- Pupils will develop mental strategies which support them to problem solve and understand when to apply these strategies.