- Pupils develop excellent number sense including place value, number bonds and number patterns.
- Pupils are secure and fluent at using formal methods for the four operations and have a quick and accurate recall of multiplication and division facts (up to 12x).
- Pupils will be able to identify, correct and explain common misconceptions.
- Pupils will competently select mathematical skills to solve problems by breaking them down into a series of simpler steps and selecting and applying the methods required.
- Pupils will develop mental strategies which support them to problem solve and understand when to apply these strategies.
If you would like any further information about our Maths Curriculum at Whittington, please do not hesitate to contact the School.
Maths Curriculum Lead – Mr Paul Maguire
Head of Curriculum – Mrs Kelly Leeming