- Pupils understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic sources.
- Pupils will speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what they want to say, including through discussions and asking questions, continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation.
- Pupils will write at increasing length, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of grammatical structures they have learnt.
- Pupils will discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied.
- Pupils will develop an excellent understanding of other countries and cultures which will foster positive attitudes to diversity.
- Pupils will learn about and celebrate festivals held in France and French speaking countries.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Children will perform and share their learning with a variety of audiences, e.g. in Collective Worship, to KS1 pupils, recordings for our school website and to parents.
- Links with Nunnery Wood High School – Language Leader scheme and French Theatre company.
- Visit to RGS for a French lesson.
- French club is open to all KS2.
If you would like any further information about our MFL curriculum at Whittington, please do not hesitate to contact the School.
MFL Curriculum Lead – Mrs Tracy Lister
Head of Curriculum – Mrs Kelly Leeming