- All pupils will have the opportunity to swim at least 25 metres confidently and proficiently, using a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke] and perform safe self-rescue.
- Pupils experience a range of different physical activities and understand how physical activity is important for a healthy lifestyle.
- Pupils participate in competitive games that lead into intra and inter-school competitions.
- Pupils develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance through a range of sports and understand where they need to improve
- Pupils develop sportsmanship both independently and in teams/groups.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Regular PE lessons
- Cluster sports events
- Additional swimming sessions: Y4 and Y5 and top-up in Y6
- Health week
- Opportunities in a wide range of sports/activities
- School games