- Pupils will develop a love of reading through listening and telling stories, reading out-loud and rhymes.
- Pupils learn to read and write through synthetic phonics and read books that are phonically matched a long side using real books.
- Pupils will develop a curiosity for mathematical concepts and use their knowledge to investigate the world around them.
- Pupils learn the foundations needed for future learning through playing and exploring, active learning and critical thinking.
- Pupils learn to be independent, resilient and show consideration for others.
- Pupils to become confident in speaking and listening.
This half term, the children will use Toy Story 4 and books about toys for their writing. They will use their phonic skills and tricky words to develop their writing skills.
The class will have daily phonics sessions and regular group reading. Children who read at least 5 times a week at home and record it in their Reading Record Book, will be rewarded in our KS1 assembly! Please encourage your child to read a variety of books, these may include library books, books from home or school reading books.
The children will be focusing on number recognition, ordering numbers, counting groups of objects. They will also be exploring both 2D shapes and patterns.
Forest School – Forest school takes place every Tuesday and Thursday. All children should have a Forest school kit and wellies which will remain in School for the half term.
PE – Every Monday and Wednesday. All children should have a white t-shirt (plain or school logo), black shorts, black joggers, black sweatshirt and trainers or pumps. Please note, all PE lessons will take place outside this term so all children should have appropriate clothing for all weather.
Please make sure all clothes are named including PE kits, forest school clothes and coat.