- Children flourish as human beings, developing their own beliefs and understanding.
- They will begin to ask big questions about our world, life and faith .
- Our children will develop an excellent understanding of Christianity and other world faiths which will foster positive attitudes towards diversity within and between people of the same and different religions and people who live without religion.
- They will learn about the Seasons of the Church year through our close links with our local church community and progressively explore the key concepts of the Bible using the Understanding Christianity Project.
- They will also learn about how and why festivals are celebrated within a variety of faiths and make connections about what matters most to human beings.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Annual Interfaith Week promotes and celebrate diversity.
- Visit places of worship from a variety of faiths e.g Pilgrim’s Quest at Worcester Cathedral, visit to the Worcester mosque.
- Visit The Hive to take part in faith storytelling activities.
- Christian Aid week in support of our local church and wider world and local issues.
- Annual class visit to Whittington Church to experience all of the Seasons of the Church year inc Eucharist and Pentecost throughout school life.
- CREW represent pupil voice.
- Open the Book team deliver Bible stories in whole school worship.
If you would like any further information about our Religious Education Curriculum at Whittington, please do not hesitate to contact the School.
Religious Education Curriculum Lead – Mrs Tracy Lister
Head of Curriculum – Mrs Kelly Leeming