- Pupils will learn science through enquiry.
- Pupils develop an understanding of the world through well planned science experiences which draw on real word events.
- Pupils develop scientific curiosity through exciting, participatory science lessons.
- Pupils understand the uses and implications of science, today and in the future.
- Pupils acquire and use a technical science vocabulary.
In addition to curriculum lesson time there are:
- Science trips e.g. Think Tank
- Science assemblies
- Opportunities to experience science at home (led by school)
- Interaction with and opportunities to talk to Science Ambassadors
- Science Fairs
- Science Days
- Visiting scientists
- Participation in / benefits from Science Capital research
- Family learning afternoon
- Science library
- Science fact of the day
- Super Science Sundays